For teaching English in China, there are certain requirements.
In this article, we will explain the requirements from 2 aspects:
- Inelastic requirements: China work visa requirements
- Elastic requirements: Personality of an overseas ESL teacher
Inelastic requirements: China Work(Z) visa requirements
- You hold a passport from one of the Native English Speaking countries - the USA, the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, South Africa
- Your age is between 18 to 60 years old
- You don't have an acute infectious disease (Such as Tuberculosis, AIDS, etc.)
- You don't have any criminal record
- You hold a Bachelor degree or above from the official channel of the University
- You satisfy One of the three requirements (Just need one!)
1. You hold a TEFL/TESOL certification (Very easy to obtain)
You could click here to see the tips for TEFL/TESOL certifications
2. Your major is relative to Education or Language
Such as "English literature" or "Early Childhood Education"
3. You have 2 years of teaching experience after graduation
The company/school which you have worked with is able to issue you a recommendation letter
Reference: Government Service System for Foreigners Working in China
Elastic requirements: Personality of an overseas ESL teacher
- Bravery for traveling overseas
This might be one of the stereotypes that Chinese thinking about foreigners. In our history book, we learn the story of Christopher Columbus, Coachman Netherlands, and the Chinese may think the foreigners have more motivation to travel abroad.
But the truth is, in 21 centuries, not everyone wants to travel or working abroad. With the development of society and technology, the world has never been such safe, but with the media who sell the fear every day, the world has never been such dangerous in people's minds.
If you want to leave some unique experience in your life and have some good stories which you can tell to your grandchildren. bravery is necessary!